Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Federal Pacific" Breaker box

What kind of electrician installs a box that the home owner bought at
Home Depot? Don't electricians bring their own equipment?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for all the help gents! I had an electrician come out
yesterday morning, for $60 an hour. He was done in less than three
and did an incredible job. (had to cut drywall and plywood sheathing
in
my garage to make the new Square D box fit)

I went to Homedepot the night before and got hte box for $159 with 5
20
amp breakers and bought various other breakers to bring the total to
$220 and change... I was exstatic.

Between the $220 for materials (bought it myself, took 5 minutes...and
I got to chat with the fellas at the hardware store, always fun) and
$180 for labor the total came to around $400! They quoted that it
would cost $700, until I told them I'd buy my own materials.

I was worried after seeing your postings, and am so glad now I have a
modern unit with plenty of expansion room... and it didn't even ding
my
remodel budget.