John Forbes

Default Making drawers

(David) wrote in message . com...
I can't quite see how I'll be able to access the inside
of the unit to mark up screw positions with the drawers closed.

Unless you're using full bearing runners (the expensive type, for
heavy loads) one bit of the runner (A) screws onto the bottom (or
side) of the drawer and the other bit (B) screws inside the carcase.
What I've done before for (B) is to make a plywood template with holes
where the screws need to go - something like a big set-square. Then
as long as you set the template at the right height(s) you can mark
each set of screw holes for each runner on both sides of the carcase,
use bradawl to avoid drill slippage on contiboard, then screw on with
manual screwdriver.

John Forbes