Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default Painting a garage door

I need to paint my garage door whose has a lot of it's paint taken off by
hurricane Wilma. The neighbor across the street's shingle tiles were blown
off the roof and all of them came in out directions. With the shingle
coming at high speed it basically acted like sand paper on my garage door so
I have to repaint it.

The problem is the door is made of 4 horizontal panels. I am not sure how
to paint the highest panel because a portion of it is not visible when the
door is closed. If I open it and roll it up then the highest panel is
raised 7 feet above the floor and there is not enough room between the
ceiling and the raised panel to paint it while it's up and I cannot get to
half the spots when it's down.

Any suggestions?

MC