Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default amatuer drywalling

Make some "finger print catchers" of Formica or FRP in an
appropriate color with the correct size hole in the center to trap
between the switch and the cover plate.

Caulk or surface applied drywall compound will not work.

The best thing is to make the hole right by taping in the
overcuts. This will mean tape/bed/sand/recoat/repaint. Cut a
piece of left over drywall about 6" x 8", score the back of the
rock a few times and break and peel the drywall off the back of
the finish paper, carefully cut the correct size hole in the
center of the piece, butter the back of the piece generously with
drywall compound, apply and wipe in. It will probably still need
another coat to blend in the edges.
___________________________
Keep the whole world singing. . . .
DanG

"highflyr" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi everyone,

I'm finishing my bsmnt and when I'm putting on the light switch
and
electrical receptacle covers, I'm realizing how amateur my
drywalling
is.

I've bought the oversize ones and for the most part, they cover
the
imperfections.

There are a few places where they hole was simply cut too big.
What's
the best and fastest way to fix it? None of the gaps are more
than 1/4
inch wide at most.

I can post some pics for your laughing pleasure if I haven't
described
my shotty work well enough.

Thanks for reading and replying

Ed