Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default bending 1/2 inch wide stock to a 3/8 inch radius

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 20:15:09 -0500, mm
wrote:

Well, it has wires going half-way back the
rear fender, under the seat, but no sign of where they might have been
attached to the bike. My friend who gave me the bike can't remember
such details from 35 years ago, or he doesn't want to try.

To add a little, this is not to say he's senile or anything. Far from
it. He's only 69. I keep him abreast of the progress I'm making, but
tonight I pointed out that I don't tell him all the things I did to
get there. He said, Don't bother. He doesn't want to know. So far,
I think he feels bad that he didnt' ride the bike more. 2600 miles
from him and the first owner. Like he wasted money, or fun, or
something. He said tonight he wished he had found a place to park it
where it wouldn't have deteriorated so much, or rusted. But there was
no way to get it into his parents' basement, and their garage, where
it say for 34 years, was nice enough, though unheated. Everything was
rusty and the rear shock springs? have lost much of their case to
rust.