Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Scott Scott is offline

Default Replacement windows in breach of conservation area rules

Owain wrote:
Mark wrote:
For the lovers of plastic tack there will always be new build estates
like
http://i15.tinypic.com/29aywio.jpg
even the fake Tudor panels are plastic
and really you cant tell the difference, from a distance ;-(

What distance? Google Earth?

Owain

What a revolting pastiche, I suppose they're going for the chav market.

One thing you have to watch out for in Victorian conservation areas is the
tendency to stick wooden 4 x 3 pane mock Georgian windows in. Then of course
there is the ubiquitous 'Wendy house' door, eg.
http://www.chindwelldoors.co.uk/cata...ar_glazed.html
A clear example of architectural infantilism. Roof tiles are another of my pet
hates.

All of these offensive architectural features where attempted in a planning
application opposite me (I live in a conservation area). I objected and got the
application turned down on those grounds, three times until it was suitably
modified. It has now been accepted pending detailed plans (which I'll
scrutinize with equal care). So I urge the original poster to take a firm stand
and don't tolerate plastic crap any more than you would stone cladding.