Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] charry@gmail.com is offline

Default Replacing electrical box, what size to use?

Yep, exactly what I did! Got a 4" square, 2.125" deep box from HD
(depth is probably overkill but it fit so Im not gonna argue), and
managed to find a double gang, single device "mudring" cover. That
will at least get everything up and running. Still need to locate a
dual gang wall plate with only one device opening in the center. But
again at least I can get everything up and running for now.

Thanks everyone.

-Chris

Phillip Devoll wrote:
i would go with a 4s deep and put a 1 gang plate on it

wrote in message
oups.com...
Adding a wallmounted TV in my basement, I wanted to run power from an
existing outlet 3' below where the TV will be. I have the holes cut
and the Romex run, but the original receptacle is fed by AC cable into
a metal box (obviously). 4 conductors total, with a receptacle and one
clamp. If I feed power to the new TV outlet, that will be another 2
conductors and another clamp.

So basically what size box is now recommended (required?), for 6
conductors, 2 clamps, and a receptacle? I found something on Racos
site that pointed at 22.5 cu in required, but I wasnt absolutely sure
about their chart

Thanks in advance!
-Chris