Posted to alt.home.repair
jackson jackson is offline

Default Heat-powered fan for Wood stove

"Lesley" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
I've seen these fans and Yes, they do work, but they really don't move
much air at all, I'd guess they move 1/20th the air volume of a
"normal" fan. A $15 box fan pointing at your stove would do a much
better job of circulating air. But again, they don't need any
electricity.

If your goal is to move a little air when there is no electricity, then
this fan will do that. If your goal is to circulate the air in a room,
this will not help much.

I figured as much. When something sounds too good to be true, it
usually is. Anyway, I guess I'll just cough up the $300+ to have the
blower unit installed. I don't want to use a regular "box" fan because
it wouldn't complement the decor. That's why it was the blower unit or
the heat-powered fan---those were my 2 choices.

Thanks for your help,

Lesley

What does work and on low power consumption is those little high CFM 12V
computer fans....