Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
T T is offline

Default OT Fahrenheit

In article , Alan
says...
On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 16:03:31 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 12:41:51 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 22:05:23 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 12:13:20 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

Terry wrote:
Now that the winter is here I have my thermostat set to 70. That
sometimes seems a little low. When I push it up to 71 it seems a
little warm. The place I notice it the most is when I am setting
at my computer desk. I have on the wall behind it. The desk does
not cover the vent.

The temperature on your thermostat doesn't really matter.

What matters is the temperature where you sit, compute, sleep, etc.

In my house, the thermostat is in a warm spot, and most of the places
I actually spend time are 2 - 3 degrees cooler than the setting.

So, if you want to deal with the actual temperature, check the
temperature where you actually do things, and set the thermostat up
or down to make your specific areas be the temperature you want.

You may want them at 68, or at 73, I don't care, but use a
thermometer, and set the thermostat to give the temp you want were
you spend time.

Luckily it has been far warmer than usual here in the northeast. Daytime
temps have been low 50's to high 60's. Night temps are getting down
there but with day temps so high, the heat hardly runs and the place
states near 70F.