Posted to chi.general,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Malone Malone is offline

Default Is Chicago water hard or soft?

On 10 Nov 2006 10:35:15 -0800, "rsnyder"
wrote:

Ajanta wrote:
Please help! I am no tech genius and need to buy a shower-head. When I
went to Consumer Reports, it ranks them according to whether the water
is hard or soft. So, is Chicago water hard or soft? Thanks.

I went to Sears and they will give you a bottle to bring in a sample of
water. They test it right there in front of you for hardness and Ph.
They'll ask you some questions about taste, color, and smell of your
water. They will then give you some recommendations of what you need,
no need to buy though. I got mine tested a little while ago and had a
hardness of 22, which is extremely hard. I live near Watertown, NY and
have a dug well.

Since you live in Watertown, NY, just wondering if you ever heard of
Malone, NY ? Just curious because my dad was raised there and I
remember some cold Christmas visits there. I was a product of NYC so
Malone was a bit different to me years ago. I wonder what Malone or
the like is like nowadays?