Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] pawlowsk002@gannon.edu is offline

Default I am sure this is a code violation, but why wouldn't it be safe?

Toller wrote:
Sure, I don't argue it is a code violation; but would it actually be unsafe?

T:

Well, if both circuits originated from their own 2-pole breakers, and
only
one was switched off, the wires from the breaker, seemingly dead, would

remain live, fed back from their connection to the still-live circuit
at the
subpanel. Of course, if the breaker was a 4-pole this situation would
not
be possible. I don't know if you can even get a 4 pole this small, but

theoretically they'd keep the above situation from happening.