Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] gplantam@gmail.com is offline

Default Sliding door track on ceramic tile

How can we install a closet sliding door track onto a ceramic tile
floor?
We had our bathroom vinyl floor replaced with ceramic tile. The louver
doors and the bottom track were removed, but now we need to put them
back. (I guess we [and the tiler we hired] should have thought of that
before.)

Is it risky to drill holes in the tile? It would be quite a hassle if
the tiles cracked.
What alternatives ways are there for securing the track? I thought of
using L-brackets from the door frame to secure a strip of wood to where
the track would go, then screwing the track itself to that wood. The
wood strip would probably have to be at least 1/2" thick though, which
would make a tight fit for the height of the actual door.