Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default halogen dimmer

In article ,
Sammy wrote:
have a 12v halogen dimmer light - a 'mother and child'
uplighter (240v). The diac is faulty. I don't need to have
the dimmer function working.
It would be ok if I could just have it at full brightness
all the time. Could I substitute 2 diodes in parallel, one
in either direction, to achieve full
brightness?. Any particular diodes?. == Sammy ==

Not quite sure what you mean? Simply bypassing the dimmer and running the
bulb straight off the transformer should be ok. Or if you know it's the
DIAC, replace it.

--
*A bicycle can't stand alone because it's two tyred.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.