Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default WRITING SURFACE FELT

"Bobby" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello, All!

I am restoring an old secretary and the writing felt has ripped so
using the original material is not an option, alas.

Does anyone out there know of a good source for writing surface
felt? I have tried the facric shops in the area but none can match it.
It is green woven wool circa 1878.

Look for a pool or billiard supply house--don't be afraid to call the
swimming pool suppliers either--locally one of them stocks billiard
supplies. Don't know for sure if that's dense enough for a writing surface
but worth a try.

If that fails google "wool felt" and you'll get a number of hits.