Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default TS_Alignment_Reinventing_the_Wheel? -- Apology to Ed

Hey Ed-

I just re-read this thread, and I'm really in the wrong here. I must
have got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, and took the
sweeping and cleaning sump pumps crack far harder than I should have.
I did a whole lot of bull work before I got to my current position,
and took a lot of flak when I was learning the trade. The comment
brought back all the days I spent splitting wood to heat the shop as
an apprentice, and the couple of years in spent in grind and sawing
blanks for the other guys while I learned to do setups in one big,
ugly rush.

So, for what it's worth, I apologize for going way out on a tangent
and reading a lot of crap into what you said that really isn't there.
Looking back a few messages, I can see that I was just spouting off
about a peeve of mine after a long week, and your view of things was
very reasonable all along.

I have to admit, I'm a little ashamed of myself for it- Stoutman, it's
a clever little jig you've got there, and I apologise to you as well,
for making this into an argument that went way off topic.