Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Security lights

Charlie Bress wrote:
I want to replace an outdoor security light for use at the driveway and
front door. Just one unit is needed in my layout.

This will replace one that has a mind of its own. It may come own when the
sun is still out though it is in a shaded location and it might not come on
at night even if I drive in, get out of the car and walk to the front door.

The one I have uses an infrared sensor. I have been looking at the new ones
and find that they don't tell what the sensor technology is. It seems that
they tout "pulse count technology" A Google search didn't help as far as the
technology being used.

At the risk of a bad pun, can anyone shed some light on the way these work
and are there any reasonable alternatives to infrared?

You could just replace the sensor itself. They're usually easily
replaceable. A home center or good hardware store will have them.