Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage Door Does Not Stay Up When Manually Opened Fully

DanG wrote:
It sounds to me as if the door is set about right. It may be a
bit tight if it rests above mid point. The proper spring preload
is there to balance the weight of the door. I like to set them
where the door stands about half way. Finger tip, or least
minimal, pressure to open or to close. This would be true whether
or not you use a power operator.

No, a garage door that has proper spring tension should not come down a
couple of feet so that it hits the top of his minivan.

___________________________
Keep the whole world singing. . . .
DanG

wrote in message
oups.com...
11-10-06, 9:26 AM EST
-Garage Door Does Not Stay Up When Manually Opened Fully
-It comes down about couple of feet & settles there
-This causes problem for my minivan to come out when we loose
power
-There is no problem in opening & closing using the Opener
-dave