Posted to alt.home.repair
GWB GWB is offline

Default OT Fahrenheit

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:29:30 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:52:23 -0000,
(Dick Adams)
wrote:

Water pipes are above-ground in South Florida?

Yup

I need to live somewhere it freezes so last year's insects die.

That is a problem but we deal with it.
In real life I lived in Md and the insects did just fine from year to
year.
The predators live all year long here too. You just have to recognize
the good guys and not kill them indiscriminately. A healthy population
of tree frogs keeps the roaches down.

Never in my life have I wished for a freeze, but south Louisiana is in
the grips of a mosquito invasion of biblical proportions. G

They say it's a massive hatch of eggs laid following Katrina and Rita.