Posted to chi.general,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
KLS KLS is offline

Default Is Chicago water hard or soft?

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:33:55 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

"Ajanta" wrote in message
Please help! I am no tech genius and need to buy a shower-head. When I
went to Consumer Reports, it ranks them according to whether the water
is hard or soft. So, is Chicago water hard or soft? Thanks.

In Rochester NY, about a tenth the size of Chicago, we have three completely
different water supplies. I expect Chicago has a few also. Call your water
department.

Someone said lake water was soft; ours is pretty hard. Not horribly hard
like most wells, but hard.

And delicious. It's the only water I drink. Cheap, too!