Posted to chi.general,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
JG JG is offline

Default Is Chicago water hard or soft?

Todd H. wrote:
"Toller" writes:

"Ajanta" wrote in message
Please help! I am no tech genius and need to buy a shower-head. When I
went to Consumer Reports, it ranks them according to whether the water
is hard or soft. So, is Chicago water hard or soft? Thanks.

In Rochester NY, about a tenth the size of Chicago, we have three completely
different water supplies. I expect Chicago has a few also. Call your water
department.

Actually the vast vast majority of chicagoland is fed from Lake Michigan.

Until the early 1990's, DuPage Co. was on wells. You had to shlep those
salt blocks
for the softner and I still had a funky dry patch on my hand that
didn't heal until
the Lake water turned on. Most of Will and Kane is still on wells, and
who knows
how far that toxic plume from Argonne has spread thru the aquafiers.
Lake Mickey
rules !! Cheese Heads keep your sludge out...JG