Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Green factoids.

On 2006-11-10 20:24:10 +0000, raden said:

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
Gropius Riftwynde wrote:
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:24:41 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 18:41:56 on Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Andy
Hall remarked:
when the Chinese are opening a new coal fired power roughly weekly,
discussions about flying rather than taking the train are out of scale.
It's worse than that. One of the many deliverables of the sort of
conferences I travel to is better information about what's happening
inside China. And without that, we can't hope to influence them into
being better neighbours (if indeed we agree that creating too much CO2
makes them a bad neighbour).
Indeed so. Whatever savings we make are going to be dwarfed by the
stuff that China will put into the atmosphere. Oddly enough, this is
something that our own authorities don't mention. You would think that
global warming could be cured by Western Europe (and eventually
America) simply putting things in green bins and smiling smugly.
-- GR

The answer is simple: Boycott or tax chinese goods.

Like the one that's just arrived at Felixtowe?

Biggest container ship in the world, full of tat for brits for xmas

At least the final leg for delivery will be a relatively short one...