Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Ants invade house again, this is war!

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 18:09:30 -0600, clifto wrote:

Dan_Musicant wrote:
Several times a year I undergo an ant invasion in my kitchen,
principally. They always seem the same - very small black ants, at the
most 1/10 inch long. This time, it's different. They are much larger,
probably 2-3 times the mass of the usual ants and around 1/8 inch long,
black.

We get ants every year. I put down the packaged ant "traps", little boxes
with poison in them. It's not long before you can see the trail they're
taking. A few days and they disappear.

I found that simply vacuuming up the tiny ants reduce their numbers
enough that they dissapper. We don't get many invasions of the small
ones, one or two times a year.

later,

tom @ www.carpenter-ant-killer.com