Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Floor leveler substitute

"DanG" wrote in :

A product that will work well and is available in smaller
containers is Durham's Rock Hard Water Putty. The big can is
about $7. You may find a lot of other things to do with Durham's.
It is a great product to have on hand.

NO relation, no shill .............. just a multi generation and
multi decade user.
___________________________
Keep the whole world singing. . . .
DanG

"46erjoe" wrote in message
I'm putting down a small piece of vinyl flooring and the plywood
substrate has a joint in it about 2' long. I hate to buy a whole
bag
of floor leveler mix, the smallest amount I can find is $25, so
I was
wondering if anything else that dries hard will do. Like
caulking
maybe, or drywall patch or panel adhesive.

Thanks

I've been using Durham's for years on countless
things...successfully...long term.

Should work fine on plywood substrate. To anyone else who decides to use
it, unpainted, it will absorb moisture over time.