Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Gammon Robert Gammon is offline

Default Collecting rainwater from yer gutters...

wrote:
probably cheaper and easier to drill a well.

rainwater has so many conaminents from heavy metals from pollution bird
drpping etc etc.

used for toilet flushing water lawn car washing and with a minimal
filter for clotrhes washing.

drinking requires too much work and often water companies have a
minimum blling. so conserving a lot mayt not save a lot

Depends on where you are.

Texas actively promotes rainwater collection as the PRIMARY water source
for residential customers, and tells us that purity is second only to RO
filtered water so long as we let the roof wash off before collecting and
so long as we use a PAINTED steel roof, or non-Terne coated stainless
steel roof, or a GalvAlume roof. Clay or concrete tile are also
acceptable roofs. Composition shingles are banned.