Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
Dick Adams Dick Adams is offline

Default OT Fahrenheit

but they are still within the range of temperatures people can
experience in the Real World. Zero Celsius doesn't really seem
to cross any threshold of extremeness,

That's a guy from above the 26th parallel talking. We have our
water pipes above ground here and zero C is very significant.

I'm missing somthing here. Did you mean the 56th parallel?
Where do you live?

South Florida. It never gets below 0 C here.
That is the threshold that would make me move farther south.

Water pipes are above-ground in South Florida?

I need to live somewhere it freezes so last year's insects die.

Dick