Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] kellyj00@gmail.com is offline

Default kitchen garbage disposer problem

there should be a hex key lug in the bottom of it so you can turn the
blades manually. Make sure the blades turning freely.

Then check the breaker (the red button on the bottom). Push it in if
it's "out".

outside of that, ya, I guess it's shot. Especially if it's smoking...
but I can't imagine how you could get smoke from the drain, you should
see it well up under your sink if anywhere.

pathsmith23 wrote:
My insinkerator garbage disposer will not work. It put out a puff of smoke
when I tried to restart it. Does this mean that it is burned out?