Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,alt.politics,alt.california,chi.general
Brent P Brent P is offline

Default How Real Americans Can Compete with "Hard Workin" Day Labor

In article . net, Rudy Canoza wrote:
Bob F wrote:
"Leif Erikson" wrote in message
This is elementary, little sophomore. If my income falls 10% but the
goods I wish to consume decline by 20% due to competition, I'm better
off.

Until you lose your job, then it's not so hot.

I wasn't talking about losing my job, and neither was
the little sophomore. We were only discussing whether
poor people are better off with low-price imports
coming into the country. They are.

They aren't for the very reason you were just told. Wage competition with
workers in places such as China makes more low income people here in the
USA. It's all well and good until you lose your job and end up making
less when you are competing wage wise with someone in China and further
find that the available labor here exceeds the demand further driving
down your wage.