Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default tying off a ring outlet

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 21:26:30 UTC, "Geronimo W. Christ Esq"
wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

It will require different treatment if part of the ring or now an unused
spur off it. If a spur, I'd disconnect at source. If the ring itself, use
30 amp connector blocks and insulate well. They must remain accessible via
a cover, etc.

Thankyou Dave, and Andy.

Looking at it, I'm pretty sure it is a spur (there's only one cable so I
guess it's not a ring) but I don't want to remove it as it may be useful
in the future. I'll put a connector block on it and wrap it with tape,
and stick a blank plate on.

I assumed it was a spur, hence my comment about using a smaller
connector block. 15A would be OK, and will match the wire size better.

I'd forget the tape; it's inside a box that's screwed shut, same as any
electrical accessory. It'll probably only go yucky and sticky.