Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Laminate vs real or machined wood

"peter" wrote in message
Following the upgrading of our kitchen and bathroom and blockweaving of
the front garden of our chalet bungalow we are now at the point where it
is now sensible to replace our hall flooring. The shape is irregular,
approximates to 14 square metres and is presently carpetted with a carpet
that reflects fully the ravages of the previous building works! My
question is which is most likely to give us good service - a top end
laminate or real wood given that:-

1. We have two west highland terriers - an easy wipe surface has strong
attraction although of course we will have a suitable mat at the front
door to trap mud/grit.!
2. As a hallway leading to all other rooms / upstairs the location is
obviously high wear although possibly less so than in the past because our
sons have grown up

Comments / advice please.

Ceramic or porcelain tiles?