Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
Gropius Riftwynde Gropius Riftwynde is offline

Default Green factoids.

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:18:26 GMT, Tony Bryer
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:57:27 +0000 Owain wrote :
Forget the recovery of the British manufacturing sector - we don't have
the skills and the labour costs are too high.

Wouldn't BMW's success with the Mini suggest otherwise? ISTR reading that
we are now on the point of producing more cars than ever in the UK -
though of course nearly all designed elsewhere.

And oddly enough, some of the individual designers (at BMW for
example) are British. The key thing is the manufacturing, and any
services that can be sold out of the UK. Otherwise we are just pushing
finite money about between ourselvesr. We might as well be in a
virtual reality game.

-- GR