Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Mark Carver Mark Carver is offline

Default Replacement windows in breach of conservation area rules

Christian McArdle wrote:
This is exactly what I mean - you're so wrapped up in property value that
you can't even see how irrelevant it is to a conversation about the merits
of snitching on your neighbours. To you, and apparently a large percentage
of the population, it always boils down to how it will affect the value of
your property.

I'm less concerned with monetary value. I'm more concerned with living is a
good looking area without concrete, plastic and stone cladding in evidence.

That's fair enough.

I assume you also take steps to remove graffiti from walls and street
furniture, get rusting vehicles removed from front gardens, ensure that
there are no noisy children bashing footballs around in the street,
remove litter, ask people with noisy exhausts to get them silenced,
take steps to prevent drunk teenagers from damaging property and waking
everybody up in the middle of the night. Because surely all of the
above the affect quality of life of any normal reasonable person, and
the way the area is 'perceived'; way way before the composition of
someone's windows are even noticed ?

IMHO, YMMV