Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Grounded outlet

m Ransley wrote:
Im only worried about the equipment for things like static charge and
surges, so what can happen.

I once worked in a large big name retail chain. With over a hundred
computer cash registers static was a big problem. It knocked out more than
one during the day. All kinds of solutions were tried. As it ended up two
worked. First was my suggestion of anti-static spray, renewed twice a week
(turned out that ended up being my job) and about two generations later the
equipment become less sensitive.

When working for a State agency, they had one employee who knocked out
printers, computers and anything electronic. This time it took both
anti-static pads (grounding pads) and spray both.

In short, I would suggest you get them grounded for what you are worried
about, and for what you are not worried about and should. Machines are
easier to replace than people.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit