Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.architecture
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Public Service Announcement Holmes on Homes

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 18:33:55 -0500, "Don"
wrote:

"Chris Lewis" wrote
If you were to go to a contractor and parrot Holmes in saying "I want
X built to medium code", any contractor with half a brain will know what's
meant, and discuss with you what options there are, which ones may be
worth it and why, and how much it'll affect cost.

Gotta ask, 'Do you have any experience at all with human interaction?"

If a client said to me what you described above my bootprints would be all
over his ass and I'd be on the phone to the glass company to get my front
door fixed.

But then again, maybe those are the type of people you attract.

To each his own.

*medium code* LOL

Strange phrasing, but remember that there are floor-stiffness
tables for L/360, L/480, and L/960...