Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Cooktop Wiring

Look at page 3 of your installation manual under the heading "Electrical
wiring information". If it indicates that the neutral is bonded to the
frame, you can use the existing wiring provided the cable is large enough to
carry the amperage of the unit

"Olyman" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to wire a new Jenn Air Radiant downdraft cooktop. The wire from
the breaker only has three wires (Black,White, and Copper). I checked
the Black and White which were both "hot'. The directions say I need a
3 wire 120/240volt circuit). The cooktop has three wires in the
connection box - balck, red, and white ( No copper). Do I connect the
Black and Red wires from the cooktop to the balck and white "hot" wires
form the breaker.? What do do with the white from the cooktop and the
copper from the breaker? Thanks