Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Grunff Grunff is offline

Default Replacement windows in breach of conservation area rules

Christian McArdle wrote:

I'm less concerned with monetary value. I'm more concerned with living is a
good looking area without concrete, plastic and stone cladding in evidence.

I know that. While we disagree on the main thread subject, I wasn't
suggesting that property value was your motivation.

Quite frankly, snitching on a faceless property developer does not occur to
me as an antisocial act. I know loads of my neighbours in the street. None
would consider installing plastic windows and all would consider it
completely acceptable to snitch to the council about it.

Hmmm.

The neighbour opposite, when seeing our new wooden sashes arrive, was very
interested in finding out where we got them from, as his house is one of
only three on the street with plastic (including ours, unfortunately).

I just don't understand why anyone would find it that offensive. I can
understand why you would be annoyed if your neighbour had a burnt-out
Capri in their front garden, that's fair enough (although I still don't
think that it would be a good enough reason to report them).

But to get this hung up about what material their window frames are made
from? No, no way, I just don't get it. From anything more than say 20
metres away, you just can't tell with most windows. And even if you can
tell, I don't see why it's anyone's business.

--
Grunff