Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default Replacement windows in breach of conservation area rules

Christian McArdle wrote:
Why should I have to pay (I wouldn't at present) have to pay to get
permission to prune my trees. Even more, why should I have to pay to (try
and) get permission to prune overhanging branches of my neighbour's tree
- if I cut them back without permission I am liable to a £10K fine.

Personally, I don't think that general tree maintenance should be subject to
approval. Also, the rules for tree removal should take into account the
existing tree cover and whether excessive provision has been provided. OK,
if it is the only tree for miles, it should be protected. If you have what
amounts to an aboretum interferring with your enjoyment of the property,
there should be much laxitude given.

How much, with on-costs, do you think that it costs the Council to
process each application for works to trees in a CA? I somehow doubt
whether it's less than £200. Why is council tax so high - ever more
bureaucracy like this.

Indeed. Tree pruning and like-for-like maintenance should be removed from
the system.

Christian.

If everyone who comlained about a tree being cut down simply planted
another one, there would be no problem.

I trashed about 50 trees in my garden. Have replanted at least 30 so
far..nice trees: Trees I WANT to be there.