Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Replacement windows in breach of conservation area rules

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:07:22 -0000 Christian McArdle wrote :
There is no need for council tax supplement. Enforcement could be
funded from fines from transgressors and planning application fees.

Why should I have to pay (I wouldn't at present) have to pay to get
permission to prune my trees. Even more, why should I have to pay to (try
and) get permission to prune overhanging branches of my neighbour's tree
- if I cut them back without permission I am liable to a £10K fine.

How much, with on-costs, do you think that it costs the Council to
process each application for works to trees in a CA? I somehow doubt
whether it's less than £200. Why is council tax so high - ever more
bureaucracy like this.