Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson Brian Henderson is offline

Default Unusual experience in my workshop

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 22:06:32 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

The sled would not work when cutting groves the length of a board however as
you mentioned the overhead would be the way to go. Unfortunately none of
the are perfect for every cut.

There is only one cut I cannot use my overhead guard for and that's
vertical cuts/panel raising, and in those cases, my hands are
absolutely nowhere near the blade. Otherwise, that guard is on the
saw for each and every cut, without exception, and I have no fear at
all of cutting myself.