Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Chicago Paddling-Fishing Chicago Paddling-Fishing is offline

Default Buying a kitchen sink faucet in Chicago?

In chi.general JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
: "trent" wrote in message
: ...
: kenji wrote:
:
: In article , Ajanta
:
: wrote:
:
: Sto I know about Home Depot, but are there any local unknown (to me)
: gems that would be better?
:
: Two gems:
:
: Gerber on Milwaukee Ave., Remodelers Supply on Pulaski around
: Addison/belmont
:
: Here's a question- can you still get a shower-handle that does volume
: AND temp? All the Home-Despot stuff (Moen, AmSt) does not- according to
: my wife. She, and the builder both bought the same model of Moen that
: does ONLY temp; this is not good when putting Trent Jr. in the tub.
:
: trent

: What do you mean "does only temp"? Are you saying that in terms of the
: amount of water coming out, the handle gives you either off, or full force,
: with nothing in between? If this is the case, I think it's time to call
: Moen. Something sounds wrong. I can't believe anyone would design such a
: thing.

Well, if your using the shower, you can get one of those shower cut off
switches... mine doesn't just turn off/on, but can be used to slow down the
flow (my faucet also does volumn, but I usually just turn it down at the
head for shampooing).

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page