Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refinish Oak Table

"GoHabsGo" wrote in message

The table is solid wood. What is the best way to sand it? Belt sander,
pad sander, manual. What grit works best.

I'd use a random orbital sander with 100 grit, 220, 320. Belt sander
would be faster, but in the hands of the inexperienced, you dan do a lot of
damage, very quickly.

If I did choose an oil finish, is it possible to go to poly finish later?

Yes. If you wax the oil finish, you'll have to remove the wax first. I
forgot to mention in my last post, after all of the polishing, paste wax is
the final step also.