Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
krw krw is offline

Default OT Fahrenheit

In article ,
lid says...
On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:52:36 -0500, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 03:21:58 GMT, "mwlogs"
wrote:

Which means what? The metric system IS decimal while the current US system
of feet, inches, pounds and onces is not.

Farenheit is decimal. ;-)

And had multiple units of measurement for the same thing. Units which
are not simply related (as in length: there's feet, inches, yards,
rods, fathoms, angstroms, light years and more), so adding to the
difficulty of obtaining and using measurements.

Metric has ONE unit for each thing, and a set of related prefixes for
large or small multiples of any unit.

Light years don't exist?

WHAT?? The closest I said to that was that the light year is not a
metric unit.

You also implied that it was an English measurement.

I suppose you know a light year is NOT an amount of time.

Sure, I also know hat you're an idiot.

snipped top poster's out-of-line quotes

-
Keith