Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
Karl S Karl S is offline

Default OT Fahrenheit

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 20:59:25 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 18:11:22 -0500, Dave Smith
wrote:

Yes, but then you have to divide by 60 to know how many hours
that work out to. 375 km at 100 kph is 3.75 hours. or 3 hours 45
minutes, while 375 mile requires division rather than just
sticking in a decimal point. 6 with a remainder of 15.

If we are going to make these things simple, why not use a digital
clock and calender. Now if we can just get the rotation of the earth
to be an even base 10 number, compared to it's circuit of the sun..

When, after The French Revolution, the modern metric system was developed
and adopted in France, it included "metric" time (10 hour days, etc). (Of
course, because it was a part of nature and not a human construct, nothing
could be done about the number of days in a year.) Because the time part of
the system was resisted so much by the general public, it was eventually
disgarded.