Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default DWV problem

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 01:54:58 GMT, Speedy Jim wrote:

an_Musicant wrote:
: On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 23:05:35 GMT, Speedy Jim wrote:
:
: : Ah. You may be on the right track to stuff a tube inside the Galv.
: : It's only temporary. Yes, Home Depot et al.
: :
: : I would co-ordinate the sewer line with the foundation work.
: : Or, at least the part of it that will intrude on the foundation.
: :
: :Jim
:
: Here's a couple of screen shots:
:
: Disconnected drain:
: http://fox302.com/userdata/Muse/file...cteddrain2.jpg
:
: Jury rigged drain:
: http://fox302.com/userdata/Muse/file...iggeddrain.jpg
:
: Dan
:
: HaHa! Excellent fix.
: Good job.
:
:Jim

I just realized a couple of things:

1. I should really have wire-brushed the inside of the galvanized pipe.
If it leaks, I can redo it.

2. If the water comes out the open end of the terra cotta, I can use a
can of that aerosol expanding yellow foam stuff to seal it up.

One way or another, I figure I'm going to have that drain going again
shortly!

Dan