Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Jack Jack is offline

Default Toilet roll holder: how high, how far?

Bob F wrote:
"Jack" wrote in message
ps.com...

Ajanta wrote:
You can tell that I am not the greatest home repair whiz. I need to
install a toilet roll holder, but I blank out when deciding where on
the wall it should go. Problem is, I recall most institutional settings
have it at approximately elbow height and slightly to the front of the
body. OTOH most homes place it much lower. I don't know why, because
then you have to bend down to get the paper.

Why this difference, and do you think one placement is better than
others? It is not a matter of what I like because it would obviously be
used by many friends and family, young and old.

Any opinions?

My grandpa always had a tub of yellow and white corn sitting next to
thr john and you shelled it to get the cob. First the yellow and then
white to check you wiped clean. That way the chickens aways had shelled
corn on hand.

I hate to imagine what that would do to modern plumbing.

Bob

I hink they pitched them in the washer an Grandma washed them and then
they were reusable.Thats where recycleing got its start.