Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] joshers17@hotmail.com is offline

Default Lawnmower Squeals

which seems odd, because if this is a pull start there has got to be
something that allows the crank to overrun the pull-cord assembly.

if there isnt one of those then this must not be one of the standard
B&S motors I have worked on...I am having a hard time understanding how
a pullstart motor would work without a clutch on the pull cord....

Josh

Brian wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Dear Ed,
Fortunately he doesn't have to reassemble the spring part of the
mechanism.
I wondered the same thing, him not kowing what a carb is.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Brian" wrote in message

I'm going to take it apart tonight after work. Lawnmower place

charges
$20 to look at it, but the $20 goes towards the repair.

In your case, it is $20 well spent. I don't mean to sound nasty, but
if you
don't know where the carburetor is, do you think you can re-assemble
the
clutch and spring mechanism properly and really save that 20 bucks?

Lawnmower guys says it sounds like the starter and the flywheel binding
up. He says there is no clutch on this lawnmower.