Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Milhouse Van Houten Milhouse Van Houten is offline

Default What does flashing green/amber on my Viewsonic PT795 mean?

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message

"Milhouse Van Houten" wrote in message
reenews.net...

About three weeks ago, my PT795's screen went black, and the LED went
from its normal green (signifying full power) to an alternating amber and
green, for which the manual has no explanation.

Often it means the monitor is in stand by mode. Same problem on two PCs?
Might be the video cable.

Standby mode for this monitor is solid yellow, so that's not it.

When troubleshooting, I tried a different cable to a different PC -- same
thing, alternating amber and green.

Note also that I can't even get into the monitor's OSD.