Posted to rec.woodworking
Time Peddlar Time Peddlar is offline

Default Woodworking Courses

efgh wrote:
"Time Peddlar" wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to take some courses on the safe and accurate use of
woodworking machinery, such as table saws/routers (which I am nervous
around - had a piece of wood kick back on me, and gave me a bad
bruise). I have a Shopsmith which I am going to go through the setup
procedure again to make sure it is all square and running properly, but
would like to be shown how to actually use the various kinds of
machines, by someone who knows what they are doing. Have been doing
some searching via community colleges and such, and can't seem to find
anything.
I live in Mississauga, west of Toronto, and ideally they would be
evening classes.
Any help and info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Have you checked Lee Valley? They sometimes offer courses on various
aspects of woodworking or they may know of some other place that offers
these things.

Have checked the Lee Valley courses, but they seem to fill up so fast
with only a limited number of openings. Also need to start at a very
basic level, and think that they are more advanced. Having said that,
should probably check them out better.