Posted to rec.woodworking
HotRod HotRod is offline

Default Unusual experience in my workshop

seven years ago I was building an oak coffee table as an engagement present
for my, now wife, I cut the top off of one of my fingers in the table saw,
after a month og healing I tried running the table saw and industrial shaper
to finish the work and it took ten times longer than normal. Every pass of
the wood forced me to take a five minute break and wipe my brow. Did I
forget it? "HELL NO" every time I see an idiot getting his fingers close to
the saw I show them muy cut off middle finger. Better safe than sorry.

P.S. We still ahve the coffee table and memories.

"Mekon" wrote in message
I walked in today after coming back from a New Zealand holiday and saw my
TS
and felt a little nervous. The last time I used it I cut 2 fingers and
gouged a hole in my thumbprint. I think I came close to losing my left
finger, a few mil to the right and I would have.
I know what I did wrong, I know how to avoid it happening again, I know I
will be more careful, and yet still I am a bit anxious. Could I be losing
my
nerve? Will I get over it?

Mekon