Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Heathcliff Heathcliff is offline

Default shower handle temp and volume (was - Buying a kitchen sink faucet in Chicago?)

trent wrote:
kenji wrote:

In article , Ajanta
wrote:

Sto I know about Home Depot, but are there any local unknown (to me)
gems that would be better?

Two gems:

Gerber on Milwaukee Ave., Remodelers Supply on Pulaski around Addison/belmont

Here's a question- can you still get a shower-handle that does volume
AND temp? All the Home-Despot stuff (Moen, AmSt) does not- according to
my wife. She, and the builder both bought the same model of Moen that
does ONLY temp; this is not good when putting Trent Jr. in the tub.

trent

I've been wondering the same thing. I remember I used to have the kind
where it turns to adjust temperature, and you pull out - push in for
on/off and volume. But when I went to get a new one for a remodel, it
seemed that all the pressure-balancing ones had temp control only.
Similar teardrop-shaped handle, but it only turns, does not push
in-out. I'm wondering if the pressure-balancing feature (that keeps
the temp constant when someone flushes a toilet or starts the washing
machine while you're showering) is incompatible with flow control
somehow. -- H