Posted to alt.home.repair
jolt jolt is offline

Default REPLACING KITCHEN SINK

"MRS. CLEAN" wrote in message
oups.com...

I updated my shower doors yesterday with the new clear frameless glass.
It looks so much nicer and cleaner than the opague of yesteryear.

This weekend I am tiling.

But, I wanted to know about replacing my kitchen sink. The whole
kitchen is updated but the sink remains harvest gold from the 70s. I
am thinking if sinks are "standard" in size, it should be a fairly easy
project.

Any tips on the kitchen sink?

If the sink has a stainless steel frame around it, as many do from that time
period, your replacements choices will be somewhat limited. Frame mounted
sink replacement require a larger than average sink to cover the original
cut for the sink, or another frame mounted style sink. If the sink is self
rimming the replacement should be much less trouble.